Stars And Stripes Professional Cleaning Services Needs To Clean Up Their Act
(February 22, 2013- Nashville, Tennessee) – BBB warns consumers of the business practices of Stars and Stripes Professional Cleaning Services located at 2843B Lebanon Pike, Nashville, Tennessee, phone numbers: 615-646-3800 and 931-552-8438.
In the past twelve months, BBB has received nearly 20 complaints from homeowners that outline hundreds of dollars in services where the company fell short of their 100% satisfaction guarantee. Specifically, complaints allege:
- Failure to honor contracts or service appointments;
- Bait and switch tactics and high pressure sales;
- Failure to perform return visits for unsatisfactory service;
- Scare tactics, threats, and verbal abuse by business management and staff;
- Theft of personal property such as jewelry, cash, and credit cards once service was performed.
Although the company’s website continues to claim “100% Satisfaction Guaranteed,” consumers contacting BBB say otherwise.
One consumer related, the job was so poorly done she had to rent carpet cleaning equipment and do it herself.
Another consumer stated, “He did not get the stains out of my chair and made it discolored.”
Two separate consumers complained of property being stolen, one of which resulted in an arrest. Another consumer stated, “I agreed to pay it because I feared what these men might do”.
Not only has this company duped Middle Tennessee customers with poor service and verbal abuse, but they are reported by one consumer as falsely claiming to be an accredited BBB “member”.
If you have had an unsatisfactory experience with Stars and Stripes Professional Cleaning Services, please contact Tim Sneed at 615-250-4223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To avoid becoming a victim of a carpet cleaning scam:
- Ask for references and contact BBB to check the company’s trustworthiness.
- If you get a quote over the phone, compare it to the contract and resolve any discrepancies prior to signing.
- Understand what the contract covers including the exact cost.
- Ask if the company performs background checks before letting someone in your home.
For more carpet cleaning tips, click here:
Start your search for carpet cleaners With Trust by visiting BBB’s accredited business directory http://www.bbb.org/nashville/accredited-business-directory
# # #
When in Doubt, remember to check with BBB for information on
businesses you can TRUST by visiting
The BBB of Middle Tennessee, Inc. was founded in 1961 as a non-profit Tennessee organization serving 38 counties in Middle Tennessee and 7 counties in Southern Kentucky. The first BBB was founded in 1912. Today, BBBs serve communities across the U.S. and Canada.
Serving as the 'ethical gatepost' of our communities, BBB fosters and promotes ethical business practices and self-regulation standards that build consumer trust in the marketplace. BBB services include business reliability information, complaint resolution services and consumer and business educational information.
[Subscribe Here] to
receive Alerts & News updates from the BBB